Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo has begun!

And boy, have I not been the first horse out of the gate. More like 2,340,864th out of the gate. I love NaNoWriMo, and I do it every year, but Baby K really takes up a lot of time. This year's going to be a tough one. So far I'm about four thousand words behind, and it's only day three!

But I am determined. I am going to win this year if I have to spend every weekend pushing Baby K and her dad out of the door at daybreak and not letting them back in until sunset. They could stand to spend more time together, anyway.

I need to spend more time on the train. Baby K tends to either nap or amuse herself on the train, which will give me time to write on the handy-dandy netbook that I bought specifically *for* doing NaNo on the train.

I am also unhappy because my nice new e-book reader appears to be a dud. After more than 24 hours of charging, it still refuses to go beyond the startup screen. The identical reader bought at the same time by my husband is working fine. This is entirely unfair.

Of course, these things *do* always happen in November. I should have known, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment